POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireworks(PNG)(22k+) : Re: Fireworks(PNG)(22k+) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 07:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireworks(PNG)(22k+)
From: Graham Redway
Date: 30 Jan 1999 11:44:53
Message: <36B33655.8D78FF1@compuserve.com>
>>I'll be waiting... But, why the 5th ???

I think this may be an English thing. All stemmed from a plot hundreds
of years ago to burn down the houses of parliment and kill the king. I
forget now. On the 5th Nov. is fireworks night, when we build huge
bonfires and put 'Guys' on top of them. These 'Guys', as in Guy Fawkes
are meant to be a representation of the bloke who's 'evil' plan it was.

	Graham.