POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireworks(PNG)(22k+) : Re: Fireworks(PNG)(22k+) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 07:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireworks(PNG)(22k+)
From: Spider
Date: 30 Jan 1999 09:49:03
Message: <36B31AC4.F63BA1E4@bahnhof.se>
Ken wrote:

> Bob Hughes wrote:
> >
> > Hey, that looks pretty good. Think of making this into a lens flare?
>
> I hadn't really thought about lens flares. The anti aliasing
> really threw me for a loop. It wiped out a lot of the reflected
> firework light on the water. Had to add some cheater light sources
> to get the reflected colors seen in this image. AA also wipes out
> star fields. Anybody else notice this ?
yes, I've noticed and raged about it.... to no avail..

>   I hadn't intended on developing this any as I only pulled the
> code out for Spider and polished it up a bit. Well I added the
> water, positioned all of the fireworks, reformatted all of the
> code, added the skyline, optimized the rotations, added extra
> colors, corrected some non-fatal syntax errors, and resized all
> of the individual objects that make up the fireworks. Other than
> that I just located the aforementioned code so I could polish it
> up a bit for Spider. That is if he even wants it.
Yes, her really wants it..
I must say that your result is far better than my petty little test..

>  As far as modeling goes right now I'm working on trying to
> get something ready for my first entry to the i.r.t.c..
> I would like to win me some of the there commercial modeling
> stuff they give away to the winners. Yea right !
hehe, you too ???
I was just stopped by a copyrigth rule, but, whatta heck, I shall overcome..
next goal is the time-limit..

> If anybody wants the source for this mess let me know.
Yes, I want it !

//Spider