POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireworks(PNG)(22k+) : Re: Fireworks(PNG)(22k+) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireworks(PNG)(22k+)
From: Ken
Date: 30 Jan 1999 08:36:09
Message: <36B30AAC.13A935A@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Hey, that looks pretty good. Think of making this into a lens flare?

I hadn't really thought about lens flares. The anti aliasing
really threw me for a loop. It wiped out a lot of the reflected
firework light on the water. Had to add some cheater light sources
to get the reflected colors seen in this image. AA also wipes out
star fields. Anybody else notice this ?

  I hadn't intended on developing this any as I only pulled the
code out for Spider and polished it up a bit. Well I added the
water, positioned all of the fireworks, reformatted all of the
code, added the skyline, optimized the rotations, added extra
colors, corrected some non-fatal syntax errors, and resized all
of the individual objects that make up the fireworks. Other than
that I just located the aforementioned code so I could polish it
up a bit for Spider. That is if he even wants it.

 As far as modeling goes right now I'm working on trying to
get something ready for my first entry to the i.r.t.c..
I would like to win me some of the there commercial modeling
stuff they give away to the winners. Yea right !

If anybody wants the source for this mess let me know.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet