POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fireworks(PNG)(22k+) : Re: Fireworks(PNG)(22k+) Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fireworks(PNG)(22k+)
From: Spider
Date: 29 Jan 1999 16:25:01
Message: <36B225D8.E31BCC73@bahnhof.se>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> Add me to the list of firework makers too. Not surprised Ken had done
> something like this though <chuckle>.
Neither am I *wink*

> I made a basic program fireworks animation a decade ago and a couple
> years ago did a POV-Ray one. Got the script here someplace, could be
> archived away, but will look. I think it may be from something someone
> else did, like a Colefax spray.inc example maybe. Don't remember.
I'd be pleased if I could look at it..

> Comment: maybe not that sparse, but looks so caused by lack of motion.
> Which come to think of it, why is there firework burn at every point
> along the paths, yet not in the bursts? This wouldn't cover for a
> time-exposure photo unless the bursts were appearing only at an instant
> of ignition after already being dispersed.
Hmm, I think I know what you mean, but the task of adding burst towards the glowwing
points would be a pretty mean time consumer... I think it'd be in O(n^3) or something
like
that...

Let me see... There would be approx 10*amount of points, that's linear, and then a
rotate
and fade... No, O(n^2) is more like it..

> Oh well, you asked for a thought on it, or was it for some real help?
Yes, It was a help, i was kinda stuck in my thoughts...
Anyone want source, ask :-)

//Spider