POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 29.2k water artifacts : Re: 29.2k water artifacts Server Time
5 Oct 2024 01:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 29.2k water artifacts
From: Ken
Date: 29 Jan 1999 02:59:23
Message: <36B16A42.B9FE2B6D@pacbell.net>
GrimDude wrote:

> I used a random, though somewhat predefined method of placing bricks on a
> plane. Then I created a box with a silty media and topped by a height_field
> with the properties of water (I even used irid).
>
> You can see the little artifacts on the water surface. I haven't gone back
> and tried any fixes. Would there be any benefit of outputting an hf_gray_16
> rendering to a 48-bit png? I just haven't tried it, or anything else.
>
> --
> GrimDude
> vos### [at] arkansasnet

I'm just guessing here but it appears you are seeing the
grid sections of the height field. You might reduce the
artifacts by using a larger image for the height field.
A larger image provides more grid squares per pov unit.

What size image was used for the HF ? Just curious.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet