POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fossil : Re: Fossil Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:22:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fossil
From: Buke
Date: 28 Jan 1999 17:09:34
Message: <36B0DE8D.252FA675@iglou.com>
David Wilkinson wrote:

> I like the rock, but the Ammonite has the consistency of a plastic
> land drain.  Ken has already commented on one possibility for a
> texture, but another  very acceptable texture would be golden
> (irridescent) if possible. Very often fossils such as ammonites are
> preserved as pyrites and have a beautiful golden sheen when first
> extracted fromn the rock matrix.  Of course this soon tarnishes, but
> not in a Povray teture - I hope!

I did a irid texture to the fossil once but didn't like it I may try
again with a different color. I also did a render with the same texture
as the rock (may have been more accurate but bland). I have no problem
with you using it as wallpaper Tim ( it has been mine from time to time
). Rudy if I can find it it's yours.Thanks for the nice words and I
might try a new version. BTW the dust is a h/f scaled down and
translated down so just the tips of the peeks were showing.
                                   Buke