POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fossil : Re: Fossil Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fossil
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 28 Jan 1999 06:53:33
Message: <36B04FAA.79F844EA@aol.com>
Great looking picture, and I don't agree 100% with Ken about the color.
True maybe a hint of coloration might be better but mostly from the dirt
still at the surface and crevices. The small fossils I've seen in the
limestone and sandstone rocks along the Tennessee river are
predominately light gray, just about the same color of this anonite(?).
This picture is pretty cool no matter what though, the bit of dirt on
the tabletop and the neat drawing. If anything, I'd think maybe both the
paper and shell having a lightly roughened texture (normal) would
improve upon it. As Spider stated about the desklamp, the light is
coming from pretty far right it seems. Though maybe the mug should have
a specular highlight (reflection too?).

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob