POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fossil : Re: Fossil Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fossil
From: Ken
Date: 27 Jan 1999 20:48:13
Message: <36AFC1C8.13AE9E42@pacbell.net>
Buke wrote:

> This pic is one I've had around for a while and keep adding new stuff to
> it now and then. The rock is a 400x400 gforge tga copied rotate and
> scale many times. Then snail (anonite?) is a form demo scene object
> tweaked a bit. The doodle is a scanned doodle. The rest of the objects
> done in Moray. Comments welcome.
>                                    Buke

Very nice !

 The only recommendation I have is to color the snail (anonite?)
a bit more like the surrounding rock. In real terms the original
shell is often times replaced by the sediments that it is entrapped
in and as a result inherits many of its natural colors and properties.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet