POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse Scene : Re: Lighthouse Scene Server Time
5 Oct 2024 09:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse Scene
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jan 1999 03:11:57
Message: <36AECA35.1BCC0A9D@aol.com>
Just to point it out again, the question is, would you see the stars get
brighter as seen through the beam of light. I think not. Perhaps the
most obvious reason for such a illusion in POV-Ray is that in real
vision your eyes would counter the star light with any additional light
thus creating a dimmer star. If this weren't so maybe Darcy's lighthouse
beam/stars is what we would see.
For better visual accuracy the un-brightened stars would be the choice.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob