POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Need Help With Radiosity : Re: Need Help With Radiosity Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need Help With Radiosity
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jan 1999 02:59:44
Message: <36AEC757.A42157A@aol.com>
Ah ha! No wonder... yep, you can't have a devoid area (totally black is
pretty bad) or it too will be included in the radiosity calculation.
Sorry about the typo, I meant 0.015 not 0.15 was minimum_reuse default,
thanks for catching that.
You may also have to use a higher assumed_gamma together with very high
ambience. That way you get a more luminous radiosity while keeping the
overall brightness down. Wish the 'brightness' keyword did this.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob