POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PNG!(61K)SeattleSpaceNeedle again : Re: PNG!(61K)SeattleSpaceNeedle again Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG!(61K)SeattleSpaceNeedle again
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jan 1999 02:06:20
Message: <36AEBAD3.5C9F5F7F@aol.com>
Well, if you mean CMYK versus RGB, done that. A test of these two output
types seems to favor RGB instead of my printers CMYK (black cartridge
separate) as if the Cyan, Magenta and Yellow are the only things going
in. RGB makes for a blacker black. Printers are all different of course.
I've also upgraded my Epson Stylus Color ESC/P2 driver to a Epson Stylus
Color Pro instead (sounds haphazard, I know) and changed the printer
style (don't know what others have for these kinds of choices) from
Deskjet to Laserjet.
I have much better monitor to printer color now than before. I couldn't
adjust brightness/contrast and color saturation to get a better setup
before and now without any adjustment it does a fair job of it.
Problem is still there though, green is notorious for being off from the
original and no adjustments can fix it.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob