POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PNG!(61K)SeattleSpaceNeedle again : Re: PNG!(61K)SeattleSpaceNeedle again Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG!(61K)SeattleSpaceNeedle again
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 27 Jan 1999 01:45:09
Message: <36AEB5DB.E5FD554A@aol.com>
Umm, no, I don't live there anymore. No *sane* person would! j/k
But seriously, 15 years of my life there and I didn't realize just how
much gray sky and drizzle I was immersed in all that time. To be fair it
does get nice there too (makes it seem really, really nice in fair
weather).
Family moved there from Merritt Island, FL (between mainland and the
cape)  in 1970, and the mountains overwhelmed me at first. I moved back
to where I was born, Decatur, AL along with my parents in '85. Waiting
for the next tornado report is much better than dampness 300 days a year
(exagerating? not sure).
My brother works at Boeing so if your brother is there too there's a
chance of them knowing each other, doubt it though, Seattles population
isn't what it was in '70. Long-winded here, but, I would like to get
more into that POV scene. However, as is, I'm making a early 70's Space
Needle and there wasn't much of a city there then, no skyscapers like
now.
What I was thinking of adding most is the monorail and then keep a
ground to sky view if anything. Those of you that don't know, these
things were part of the 1962 worlds fair at Seattle Center and the
monorail makes just a short jaunt into downtown.
Well, given everyone plenty to read and thanks for the comment Ken.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob