POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PNG!(61K)SeattleSpaceNeedle again : Re: PNG!(61K)SeattleSpaceNeedle again Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:19:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG!(61K)SeattleSpaceNeedle again
From: Jason
Date: 27 Jan 1999 01:27:34
Message: <36AEB2D0.65919077@i.am>
If you really want good quality prints from your POV-Ray images, get them
printed on a Fujix Pictography 4000 printer. The Fujix prints on glossy or
matte photo paper.  If you render them at some ungodly resolution (like
4096x3072 or something) you can get a decent 20x16 print.  1280x1024 is just
fine for an 8x10, though. Great for framing! Of course, if you're using POV,
you probably don't have the $35,000 for a Fujix... so you'll have to find
someone who does.  (I used to know of a photo processing place in Seattle, but
that was 2 years ago.)

Just some advice from someone who's done some shopping around... :-)

Jason Scheuerman
mt### [at] nullnet
http://www.olywa.net/jscheuer