POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse Scene : Re: Lighthouse Scene Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse Scene
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 26 Jan 1999 05:42:40
Message: <36AD9C14.99D656F1@aol.com>
Remco stated that too, about the stars showing through the beam.
A long time ago (version 3 atmosphere stuff) I was bringing this up a
lot about background objects appearing to sum up a visible spotlight
like this does.
Perhaps a media using absorption could compensate for it, I have yet to
try.

Of course the beam could be in a haze and starry sky still show, but I
wonder of the brightness getting so luminous at the far reaches.
Obviously the narrower part could be in less a haze where it starts out
so that makes sense enough but it probably requires some brightening
nearer the lighthouse and then drastic dimming further away. Darcy?
media_attenuation off? or just media interaction on ? (default).
From what I've seen of this stuff so far though a spotlight in media is
inherently dim at the apex for some reason. Bet its something to do with
light quantity, or volume as it were, and the tendancy to sample less
there.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob