POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse Scene : Re: Lighthouse Scene Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse Scene
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 26 Jan 1999 04:19:52
Message: <36AD878E.654F0CC@xs4all.nl>
It looks a bit dark to me so I tried correcting the gamma-setting. I overdid
this a bit, spoiling the image, but it did reveal something I already suspected
from the dark image: a cloudy sky with stars. I think there's a bit of a problem
there. Also: would you be ablt to see the stars through the lightbeam? Or:
should you be able to see the lightbeam on a starry (clear) night?
Apart from that, I think the sea already looks very good although I would add a
little turbulence to the texture, or at least make some 'gaps' in the white rims
one way or another.
The most important part of the scene, the lighttower is also the best. That one
looks very impressive, even on such a small scale.

Regards,

Remco