POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New and Improved Prison Cell pic : Re: New and Improved Prison Cell pic Server Time
5 Oct 2024 03:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New and Improved Prison Cell pic
From: Adam J Cooper
Date: 26 Jan 1999 01:36:43
Message: <36AD62DD.8DCFC0F@mediascribe.net>
<HTML>
Kyle,

<P>I really like the composition. What is your ambient set at? Everything
looks too gray to me. Try something just for kicks: turn all of your ambient
levels on the textures to 0 or really close to 0. This will really only
leave you with light from the window and some on the bed, which isn't enough
to define the scene. Perhaps an overhead lamp with a short fade distance
would be good here, somewhere in a corner with a nice yellow tint. One
of the things my eye doesn't like is the way I have to follow the patterns
of the texture maps to judge the curvature of surfaces, rather than look
at how the highlights and shadows of different light sources develop the
same feel. In my opinion the latter is stronger and more realistic. Really
good job, can't wait to see what else you do!

<P>~Adam
<BR> </HTML>