POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scene Creation : Re: Scene Creation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scene Creation
From: Mike
Date: 25 Jan 1999 03:05:19
Message: <36AC24FF.D4E47199@aol.com>
Not that I disagree with Ken, but I don't see any harm in going about
learning in any particular way.  There's no rules to follow, just do
what's easiest.  I started out doing only script and then moved on to
modellers.  I still do most of my POV-Ray stuff by hand, but I also
spend as much time working with other modellers, and often convert the
models to POV-Ray compatible files.  It's worked well for me.

If you're going to be using POV, might as well learn the language.  I
estimate it takes a few months to get it all down, then you're free to
do just about anything without having to look things up much.

-mike