POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scene Creation : Re: Scene Creation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scene Creation
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 25 Jan 1999 02:15:04
Message: <36AC19EE.CDEA4585@aol.com>
Yes, sPatch is good for diving into shapes, as long as you get the
general idea of such programs to begin with.
As for the other things said, I kind of started out making graphics
through the old basic language back in the late 80's then bought a
simple CAD program that only drew in wire frame, soon after my first
modelor/renderer/raytracer, then Polyray and finally POV-Ray by 1994. I
kind of hated the modelor (CAD) type thing is probably why I delved back
into the realm of scripting it out instead. As Ken said, it depends
greatly on the individual, probably the most important factor there is.
I've managed to get one "modeled" piece I made in sPatch into a
"textual" model out of both need and curiosity. Reason I don't use the
modellors is that I dislike wireframe and object manipulation in a
GUI-based program. Preference, skill factor, makes a big difference.

Bet Ken had some good links there too.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob