POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scene Creation : Re: Scene Creation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:22:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scene Creation
From: Ken
Date: 25 Jan 1999 00:08:17
Message: <36ABFC35.BF578A9A@pacbell.net>
Matt Morris wrote:

> As a matter of fact, that did help. I guess getting good at POV isn't just
> about reading the
> manual a few times; it takes lots of practice. I assume being able to place
> objects on the screen
> with just script takes developed skill, but most of all patience. Here's a
> question for the advanced
> users: what other programs do you use? (to make bezier patches, advanced
> shapes, etc..) And
> another thing, how many of you true POVies are artists away from the computer?
> Is that something
> that really helps?

For height fields I suggest Leveller and for bezier patches I suggest
a program called SPatch. Rather than listing them all here I'll send
you my bookmarks of all the pov related utility programs I have links
for. This way you can evaluate for yourself their worth and if you
care to download them.

I am not an artist other than that which is created with Pov. There
are a small few that frequent the groups here that are though. I would
guess the majority are hobbyist. Most professionals go for the high
end commercial packages.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet