POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scene Creation : Scene Creation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 04:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Scene Creation
From: Matt Morris
Date: 24 Jan 1999 22:23:58
Message: <36ABE3A1.68501DCA@ucla.edu>
I'm pretty much a beginner with POV and I'm just curious the most common
way to develop coordinates. I mean, it would seem that a modeler is very
useful for creating scenes and placing objects in certain places until
it looks right, however I have read that a modeler isn't the way to go.
(It doesn't seem like any of the IRTC winners use modelers) Other than a
modeler, how can one create a scene by just typing in code? Wouldn't you
need some sort of visual representation of what the hell you're doing?
Or maybe it's just me, and thats the attitude of all beginners.

Matt Morris