POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Anyone up to testing? : Re: Anyone up to testing? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone up to testing?
From: Ben Birdsey
Date: 24 Jan 1999 14:38:48
Message: <36AB77F7.FDC98F82@unlgrad1.unl.edu>
It looks like you've gone a long way toward curing the problem with radiosity
for *continued* renders.  However, my problem is that if the scene looks like
junk I want to be able stop right in the middle and tweak it and then re-render
it. But interrupting the trace almost always crashes Radiosity.

	As far as I can tell, the real problem with interrupted renders is that the
global variable radiosity_trace_depth is not re-initialized every time an image
is rendered.  From my investigations, it looks like the global
radiosity_trace_depth is only initialized when POV loads.  So, if you interrupt
a render when radiosity_trace_depth = 2 and you render a *new* image, the
renderer will *begin* with radiosity_trace_depth = 2.

	A simple fix might be to move the radiosity_trace_depth initialization to the
code which initializes radiosity ( in Radiosity.c ) and to set
radiosity_trace_depth = 0 if not continue_trace.

	In Him,
	Ben