POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A Lighting Question : Re: A Lighting Question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Lighting Question
From: Spider
Date: 19 Jan 1999 14:40:35
Message: <36A4DEB8.C1C6A99D@bahnhof.se>
"povray.org admin team" wrote:

> Why don't you organise (organize) things such that the first time someone posts
> to this server, they get the VFAQ mailed to them ? As long as it's only once it
> shouldn't be an issue (if it's big then perhaps only mail them the location).
>
> This would have to be done at least partially manually due to despammed email
> addresses, but the rest could be automated.
Is there a possibility to setup a Greeting script on the news server, that replies to
the
FIRST message someone sends with the VFAQ address???
The sender could then be stored in a database or something so it won't be replied to
again....

I'm not at all sure if it'll work, since I don't have a clue on how to run a news
server..

//Spider