POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Connected Sphere #macro : Connected Sphere #macro Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Connected Sphere #macro
From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 18 Jan 1999 00:58:07
Message: <36A2CD72.9B7D0172@virginia.edu>
Well the request for a #macro for connection of 3D points has been
answered.  While there are a few minor problems with this #macro, none
of them are more that personal taste (well pretty much) so perhaps they
will be fixed, perhaps not. Anyhow, I've posted an example of a level 2
sphere in binaries.images and am currently rendering a level 3.  I think
there are enough array spaces for a level 4 sphere, but the number
of connections is huge at that level (there are seemingly 4^(Level + 1)
points on the sphere and N(N-1)/2 connections where N = 4^(Level + 1) )
so make sure you realize what you are getting into.)

Steve

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cball.inc.txt' (3 KB)