POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Light sources in groups : Re: Light sources in groups Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light sources in groups
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 17 Jan 1999 17:23:22
Message: <36A26331.D41C3D2E@istar.ca>
Ken wrote:

> Simon de Vet wrote:
>
> > Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> > > No, Moray always extracts the light source and lists them at the
> > > beginning of the scene.
> >
> > Awww.. that's a real shame.
> >
> > I've made a ship with a lot of little warning lights. I can animate the
> > ship (having it rotate) but because of this little feature, the lights
> > stay stationary.
> >
> > Maybe I'll just have to learn more about POV before I try this again. As
> > is, having it rotate is the pinnacle of my coding career :)
> >
> > Simon
> > http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet
>
> You mean to tell me that you can make the images you do and you don't
> know how to open pov to translate and rotate a few lights ?

No, I sure don't!

I can translate things, and I can rotate things, but I don't know how to deal
with the lights. Can you put them into the group in POV (I don't think so,
since POV has CSG, but not groups, and lights cannot work CSG)? Otherwise it
would require some math, or something different, and I don't know what to do.

Perhaps it would be easier to just keep the object and lights stationary, and
rotate the camera around it. I tihnk I know how to do this, with a little
trig.

Any help? :)

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet