POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV-Ray Language : Re: POV-Ray Language Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Language
From: Bruno Girin
Date: 17 Jan 1999 05:39:48
Message: <36A1BDB1.78D60C36@toutatis.demon.co.uk>
James wrote:

> What I was wondering was, what TYPE of language is it? Like there is a
> language named, "C++".  Is it similar to it or now even close?

There might be two answers to your question.
If you are asking what language was POVray created with, then the answer is C
or C++ (as far as I know but I might be wrong).
If you are asking what is the language you use to describe a scene to POVray,
then the answer is POVscript as explained by Bob.

Bruno