POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A Lighting Question : Re: A Lighting Question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:29:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Lighting Question
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 13 Jan 1999 13:10:15
Message: <369ce187.0@news.povray.org>
Nieminen Mika wrote in message <369c8cce.0@news.povray.org>...

>  I don't know why I'm maintaining a povray VFAQ when nobody is using it...

Huhh?
This is the strangest post of a long time!

It sounds like:

"Hey, we need a VFAQ, only we are all to busy to do one. Who wants to do
it?"
[nobody raising a hand]
"Nieminen! What about you?"
"No, thanks. I have no time either..."
"Oh, pleeeease!"
"No, really, sorry!"
"Yes you can do it! Pleeease! We all promise that we will read it all the
time too!!!"
"Promise?"
"Yes, 'Promise'! We'll read it like a bible, nobody will ignore it!"
"Ok, ok, but only under that condition!"
"Thank you, thank you, we love you Nieminen! ..."

Well, I assume that this is not quite how it was, is it? ;-)

Please face reality:
People will always ask questions that are already answered in some FAQ
somewhere.
You then have three options:

1. Ignore the question, and think "he'll find the answer in the FAQ or some
kind soul will help him"
2. Point the person to the FAQ
3. Berate the person about not reading the FAQ and appear really childish by
doing this...

(well, actually I could think of some more possible options, like "trying to
find out where the sucker lives and then bombing his mailbox with a big
fire-cracker", or "getting hold of his FAX number and faxing him 101 copies
of the FAQ - with fontsize 36"... :-)

Greetings,
Johannes.