POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A Lighting Question : A Lighting Question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  A Lighting Question
From: Neil Mercer
Date: 12 Jan 1999 16:13:30
Message: <369bbafa.0@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

    I'm trying to model (amongst other things) a LED.  Building the shape
has not really been a problem, but now I want to be able to include a light
inside it so I can make the LED light up (obviously).  I'm having trouble
getting the light to look right.  So far it either floods the scene with
light (i.e. too intense) or merely makes the LED structure look like it has
a shiny surface texture.  What I would like is that nice glow that looks so
simple and easy!

    Also, at this stage I've been colouring the LED itself and using a white
(or near-white light).  Would it be better to have a clear LED and a
coloured light?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Neil.