POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A Lighting Question : Re: A Lighting Question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Lighting Question
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Jan 1999 23:35:47
Message: <369EC5AB.DCCC6A06@aol.com>
How about doing some adjustments on this example?:

//BEGIN
#declare rLED=
object {
sphere {0,1} //shape only (replace with yours)
 pigment {rgbf<1,0,0,.5>} //lower or raise filter amount
  normal {granite .025 scale .025} //reduce further if grainy
   finish {ambient .75 diffuse .1 phong .5 phong_size 5}
}

light_source {0,
 color rgb<1,0,0> //change 0 to location vector if placement needed
  looks_like {rLED}
   fade_distance 2 fade_power 2 //make distance fully lit maximum
}

camera
{
  location  <0.0 , 0.0 ,-9.0>
  direction 3*z
  look_at   <0.0 , 0.0 , 0.0>
}

plane {y,-1 rotate -15*x pigment {rgb 1}}
//END

I'm guessing this question has already had many answers but I forgot by
the time I finished reading the follow-ups. Wonder if a chat-like
newsgroup is feasible? :|

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob