POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A Lighting Question : Re: A Lighting Question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Lighting Question
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 14 Jan 1999 05:21:02
Message: <369DC4E9.E63BA208@xs4all.nl>
The FAQ (VFAQ) is a great thing. It is, like the documentation, a vast source of
valuable information. Unlike the docs it could change constantly, inspired on
what's going on in the newsgroups. I've followed some Pascal-groups for a while
and there were certain questions that kept coming up over and over annoying
people (for insiders: the RT200-problem?). There were some people getting more
annoyed each time, there were others ignoring the thread (I did eventually), and
there were still others patiently pointing at the FAQ every time.
I've seen some questions pop up here more then once, I've also seen different
answers to questions. That's why I like to keep reading the solutions to
problems I think are already solved a zillion times and learning new stuff once
in a while.
Perhaps you could simply change your sig and add the VFAQ-URL so you could reply
to each question with an empty message? That might add to the obfuscatedness of
the message ;-)

Regards,

Remco