POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : An obvious answer to an annoying question.(Halo->Media) : An obvious answer to an annoying question.(Halo->Media) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:14 EDT (-0400)
  An obvious answer to an annoying question.(Halo->Media)
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 13 Jan 1999 17:16:48
Message: <369D1A58.E90AAB3A@mninter.net>
For all of those out there who want to convert the halos that still
stink of their sweat and blood into media, I figured out how. This is
extremely obvious, but it took me soo damn to figure out it is
embarrassing, and I figured I might want to help someone else with this
dilema. What you do is, you go to your old halo, and you look at the
mapping type. Then, make an emmiting media, and make a density. Then,
make a colormap pattern of whatever you halos mapping type
was(spherical, toroidal, etc.). Then, wherever there was a transparent
entry, just replace it with a black entry. Viola! However, I've noticed
that halos were less grainy than media, but I may be wrong. Anyway,
media is a lot easier to learn, once you start to grok it, IMHO. And
more useful.

--
Gods don't save people. People save people.