POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Re: a little game : Re: a little game (Bob Hughes) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a little game (Bob Hughes)
From: Ken
Date: 11 Jan 1999 15:51:27
Message: <369A63D4.B92672EB@pacbell.net>
Alex McMurray wrote:

> Bob Hughes wrote:
>
> > //bobs part one
> > <snip>
> > reflection .25
> >    irid {.6 thickness .3 turbulence .2} brilliance -.15 metallic .4}
> >   interior {ior 1.05 caustics 4 fade_distance 1.5 fade_power 1}
> >

> Hi Bob.
>
>     I am having trouble rendering your part of A Little Game.
>     POV-Ray stops during parsing with an error message to the affect that
>     "Interior" is an unknown command.
>     I am using POV-Ray 3.01, and I could not find it in the POV-Ray help files.
>
> Regards Alex
>
>   ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
>  /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.
>  \_,--.x/ P.O. Box 215 Melton. Vic.  3337                     Australia

  Interior is a new function of Pov v3.1. You should consider upgrading
to the most recent version as it has many new and very useful features.
To get past this for now just comment out the interior statement.
Move what you can into the finish statement to render the scene with
your additions and then remove them afterwards to repost the scene
here.

I presume this will be acceptable with the rest of the participants as
well. Most everyone else is already usin g v3.1 so it shoudn't cause
anyone else problems. Remeber that if your object uses halo's
or atmoshphere it won't work for people using v3.1 as these features
have been discontinued.

Ken Tyler