POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Video Cards : Re: Video Cards Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video Cards
From: george erhard
Date: 10 Jan 1999 20:15:25
Message: <36995112.7A4660A3@pacbell.net>
The only time a Voodoo2 or any other '3D accelerator" card would come in handy
would be when using a modeller that used Glide or OpenGL previews.  Those would
update faster and probably show textures more clearly.  I suppose if you were
composing in VRML, a 3D card would come in handy for navigating around the
scene in real-time (or as close as you can get on a 56K connection... what, you
don't have a T1 to your house?  Bummer... )

If you want to 'speed up' rendering, get more RAM, faster and larger disks, and
a faster processor (or processors!!); t'would also help to use an OS that
doesn't do a lot of CPU-hogging.

--
 george erhard
 microsoft certified system engineer

 remove "nospam" from domain when replying