POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: INFO: about ALICE : Re: INFO: about ALICE Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INFO: about ALICE
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 10 Jan 1999 11:05:58
Message: <3698cfe6.0@news.povray.org>
Hassoun wrote in message <3698C656.1A26F8D1@sympatico.ca>...
[snip]

>it was developed by the university of virginia, then by carnegie mellon
>university. it uses the .MDL format, hence my question.

I think you need to distinguish between between "the" MDL *format* (which
probably doesn't exist anyway) and the file extension "MDL".
Moray uses (AFAIK) its own file-format, which happens to use the "MDL" file
extension.
Alice seems to use the same file extension for their format, but the two
formats have probably nothing in common.

Greetings,
Johannes.