POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Texture Maps : Re: Texture Maps Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Maps
From: Didier TOULOUZE
Date: 9 Jan 1999 20:14:47
Message: <3697FFE4.928187FA@club-internet.fr>

> I seem to have a problem with getting texture maps to work properly. I dl'd
> a couple of freeware textures in JPG format to expirement with the texture
> capabilities of POV. I converted the JPG to BMP format and applied it to an
> object in Moray. I hit render and.... nothing. Doesn't even try. Any ideas?

I had the same problem, POV hang and Moray become very slow.
I added the path of my textures in the povray.ini and it works fine now.
I don't know if it is a bug in Moray or in POV-Ray, but when POV-Ray
detect
an error when parsing, POV hang and Moray must be closed (reset comms
don't
always work).

Didier TOULOUZE                             Visitez ma page web !
dito@club-internet.fr          http://perso.club-internet.fr/dito