POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Color gradient??? : Re: Color gradient??? Server Time
3 Oct 2024 19:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Color gradient???
From: Ken
Date: 9 Jan 1999 19:05:35
Message: <3697EE57.7BFC9449@pacbell.net>
Patrick Hagerty wrote:

> Your assistance will be appreciated.
>
> I want to color an object with one color shading into another, gradient
> style.  Any ideas on how I might do that?
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick Hagerty
> pat### [at] hagwarecom

    Sorry if this is an overly obvious answer but you could use the pigment

type gradient along with a color map. For examlpe to have a color that
goes from black to white with shades of gray in between you could try

pigment{
 gradient y
  color_map{[0 rgb 0][1 rgb 1]}}

If you needed something else be a little more specific and an answer
will be forthcoming.

Ken Tyler