POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray unstable? : Re: Moray unstable? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray unstable?
From: George Hunt
Date: 8 Jan 1999 23:49:09
Message: <36970848.257310786@news.stmuc.com>
On Fri, 08 Jan 1999 08:28:50 GMT, lut### [at] stmuccom (Lutz Kretzschmar)
wrote:

>That is the screen driver for an ATI card and I have received more
>than a handful of reports from users that are getting this error in
>their screen driver (always MACX4W.DRV and always ATI cards).
>Apparently the ATI drivers are not all that stable. Most of the users
>have fixed this by downloading and installing the latest drivers from
>ATIs website.
>
>Also note that Moray V3.0 and V3.1 may not coexist peacefully on one
>machine (depends on how much manual configuration you're inclined to
>do).
>
>- Lutz
>  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Lutz,
   I have had the same problem -- I have the ATI All-In-Wonder card.
I suspected a problem with the drivers because I was seeing this
problem during the time I spent with Betas 3 & 4 (I believe)

  I downloaded the latest drivers from ATI, but continued to have the
problem -- Moray would crash even before it came up completely.
Strangely though, the problem went almost entirely away with the final
release (not build 4215, but the one before that).   I have had Moray
crash only once since installing POV-Ray 3.1 and Moray build 4215 --
but it did crash that once, so I suspect I still have a problem --
maybe I should go for a different (and simpler) video card.

  But is there any reason you can think of why Moray's use of the card
would cause this bug in the driver to surface and other applications
don't?

   Thanks,

        George Hunt

George Hunt