POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray unstable? : Re: Moray unstable? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray unstable?
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 8 Jan 1999 03:23:06
Message: <3695be80.3752565@194.174.214.110>
Hi Bob Hughes, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> The error message states fault with the MACX4W.DRV file which I found to
> be located in "Windows\System" folder (an older one also in the
> "Windows\Options\Cabs" folder from OEM setup).
That is the screen driver for an ATI card and I have received more
than a handful of reports from users that are getting this error in
their screen driver (always MACX4W.DRV and always ATI cards).
Apparently the ATI drivers are not all that stable. Most of the users
have fixed this by downloading and installing the latest drivers from
ATIs website.

Also note that Moray V3.0 and V3.1 may not coexist peacefully on one
machine (depends on how much manual configuration you're inclined to
do).

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray