POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray unstable? : Re: Moray unstable? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray unstable?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 7 Jan 1999 11:49:02
Message: <3694E591.F65C598D@aol.com>
I'm about to send a "solo" bug report in, but first I thought I'd see if
anyone else had encountered the same problem I did. Here's the sum of
it:
I downloaded both the 3.01 and 3.1 versions to compare the two; 3.01
installed and runs fine, 3.1 does not (latest build, direct via http
stmuc site), however, regardless of install sequence and folder name (I
first tried "Moray31 for Windows" instead of the default without version
number added. I used the uninstall between successive attempts too.
The program simply crashes upon trying to run the program at the OK
button in the splash screen, though I was able to run the credits.
The error message states fault with the MACX4W.DRV file which I found to
be located in "Windows\System" folder (an older one also in the
"Windows\Options\Cabs" folder from OEM setup).
Considering the DLL crash, stated in this thread by Kyle, I wonder if
some updated files are neccessary on our systems for Moray 3.1 to be
run?
Or... is this possibly due to the IE 4.01 (psuedo Win98), since it is
mentioned that only Windows 95 is intended to be the OS. Just guessing.

Kyle wrote:

> I've been having a similar problem.  Moray crashes and it says error in mfc20.dll
It never used

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob