POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray unstable? : Re: Moray unstable? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Moray unstable?
From: Daniel Hargreaves
Date: 6 Jan 1999 08:11:33
Message: <369360A4.75D16BAF@worldnet.att.net>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> I have been playing around with Moray 3.1 and it keeps crashing on me.
> Sometimes Pov-Ray crashes and sometimes Moray crashes along with
> Pov-Ray. I am using the latest build. I seem to have the most trouble
> with lens flares, I can create one and render it several times but after
> several rendering Pov-Ray crashes. I have also attached a mdl file of
> mine which consistently crashes Pov-Ray. Am I doing something wrong?

This is the first time that I have seen POV crash. Your Alter model caused a general
protection
fault in the PVENGINE.EXE I was rendering a 320x240 and it crashed after rendering
about 3%. I
could get this to happen every time. Best as I can tell, it has something to do with
the
grouping of the 3 cups.

--
Daniel Hargreaves