POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Spherical mapping in POV : Re: Spherical mapping in POV Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical mapping in POV
From: Ken Cecka
Date: 5 Jan 1999 23:28:43
Message: <3692E575.7C127A3A@televar.com>
I was actually playing around with this just the other day.  It is pretty
elementary to allow for the tiling in spherical, cylindrical, and torus mappings.
I didn't encounter any crashes or bugs.  I did run into a bit of a wall trying to
add syntax to the parser to support this at the scene level (I just hard-coded in
the changes when I was playing with it).  I haven't really had a lot of time to
play with it, but I'll post if I find some time and get it working.

Ken