POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : curved cylinders? : Re: curved cylinders? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:13:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: curved cylinders?
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 2 Jan 1999 17:23:01
Message: <368E9B48.292C2666@mninter.net>
Well, there are a few different ways- 1. Bezier Patches> Pros: Inhouse.
Just click, and edit. Cons: Take FOREVER to parse(I had a seen, exported
from sPatch, took 20 minutes to parse!)2. STOMP 3D- Extrude along spline
path function is awsome. Great for piping, etc. Pros: Great objects!
Supports NURBS. Cons:Java Based, so you have to download that. And you have
to export and convert it a couple times. 3. INC files: Don't know of the
URLs for any. Pros: Work in POV- Ray. Cons: Works in POV-Ray(and only
pov-ray) No MOray support.

--
Gods don't save people. People save people.