POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Possible bug? : Re: Possible bug? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible bug?
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 1 Jan 1999 23:35:50
Message: <368DA270.40CC1E0F@istar.ca>
Twyst wrote:

> Ok, I'm getting some strange things happening with UDO/INC files.
>
> (yes, I know how UDOs work.. )
>
> I use Elefont to make bevelled text, and now, in moray, the wireframe is
> wrong. The bevel is an indentation sideways like so:  (excuse the crappy
> ascii art)
> _____
> )____(
>
> instead of
>  _____
> (_____)
>
> and here's the real stumper...
>
> the RENDERED image MATCHES this. The rendered text is indented in the SAME
> way.
>
> Note: Elefont doesn't do indentation...

I've gotton the exact same problem, many times. (I do a lot of text graphics
:)

I think it is a problem in Elefont, not necessarily Moray, but I don't know
what the problem is, or how to reproduce it. Usually, though, if I go back
into Elefont, start from scratch, and re-export, the result is fine. It's an
oddity for sure, though....

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet