POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: INFO: what is a histogram? : Re: INFO: what is a histogram? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INFO: what is a histogram?
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 Jan 1999 06:31:04
Message: <368CB1E9.C8EDFF87@aol.com>
As Thorsten pointed out, the documentation says it all.
Summed up:
it allows for a visual representation of computation "intensity" of the
scene being rendered; and since it is a red/green (no blue) image it's
suggested use is for height fields, though getting a scene together for
one in this way is not exactly easy to shape if you want to form a
height field.
Other than that, I haven't seen any other uses myself.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob