POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Yet more lens flare trouble : Re: Yet more lens flare trouble Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet more lens flare trouble
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 30 Dec 1998 03:27:36
Message: <3689e3f8.0@news.povray.org>
Joe Prever wrote in message <36897065.EAE0FC80@turbont.net>...
>Hi Lutz,
>Thanks for your response to my message.  I used your suggestions regarding
>the plugins, and I'm afraid they still won't work.  Perhaps I should've
>mentioned this before, but I had previously uninstalled Moray 3.1 manually
>(the automatic uninstallation failed).  Does that help?

I had something similar:

When I installed Moray 3.1 I still had Moray registry entries left from
previous Moray installations (among them the 3.1 beta), even though the
After installing 3.1 I didn't see the Plug-Ins in the Creation Tab.
However, because of the old registry entries I also had troubles with older
search paths spooking around and with a missing MorayPoly.inc and other
problems, so I had good reasons to re-install.

So this is what I did: I uninstalled Moray 3.1 again, then I went into the
registry by hand and deleted the Moray keys in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SoftTronics and
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftTronics. Then I installed 3.1 again, and
everything went fine, with the Plugins too.

Hope it helps,
Johannes.