POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Refraction? : Re: Refraction? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Refraction?
From: Daniel Hargreaves
Date: 29 Dec 1998 22:13:20
Message: <368999F6.A74FFFAE@worldnet.att.net>
Alan Kong wrote:

> >> I have noticed that the IOR has been
> >> moved inside of the interior statement,
> >> but where has refraction gone to?
>
>   Daniel, the refraction keyword is no longer necessary using POV-Ray v3.1.
> Specifying the ior keyword along with an ior value in the interior statement
> turns on refraction.
>
> <SNIP>

Well I did a little further investigation and I was not able to repeat the
problem on a different computer. So now I'm stumped. I have even tried
uninstalling POV 3.1 and downloading 3.1a and reinstalling. Uninstalling Moray
and reinstalling. All of these efforts have proved to be fruitless. Something is
not obviously configured correctly on my P-II, so I will continue the search.

--
Daniel Hargreaves
SD Graphics