POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Refraction? : Refraction? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Refraction?
From: Daniel Hargreaves
Date: 23 Dec 1998 12:42:57
Message: <36812CAB.21E8BD38@mpiarch.com>
I have been using Glass 3 (the same setting from POV, not the ones
provided with Moray). I have noticed that the IOR has been moved inside
of the interior statement, but where has refraction gone to? My glass
spheres have taken a very different personality, which I just don't like
as much. I guess my question is what do I need to do to get moray 3.1 to
do glass spheres like moray 3.0?

Here are my Moray 3.0 settings for the glass:
#declare Glass3 =
   texture  // Glass3
   {
      pigment
      {
         color rgbf <0.98, 0.98, 0.98, 0.9>
      }
      finish
      {
         ambient 0.1
         diffuse 0.1
         phong 1.0
         phong_size 100.0
         specular 0.8
         roughness 0.0003
         reflection 0.1
         refraction on  ior 1.45
      }
   }

This is what Moray 3.1 is converting them to:
#declare Glass3 =
   material  // Glass3
   {
      texture