POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Previews in POLYRAY? : Re: Previews in POLYRAY? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:33:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Previews in POLYRAY?
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 21 Dec 1998 06:56:09
Message: <367e37bb.4118812@194.174.214.110>
Hi Dearmad, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Why no texture preview for Polyray? Can't you just insert a call in the
> code like you did in the 2.x versions?
Well the intricacies of the POV-Ray texturing capabilities were just
too much for us to translate to Polyray code, we don't know Polyray
well enough for that. In the long run we are going to drop Polyray
support.

But Alexander has written a renderer plugin based on his Polyray
engine that he will probably release soon and it can handle nearly all
the textures that can be built in the Material Editor.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray