POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Saving files as bmp or other types. : Re: Saving files as bmp or other types. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:22:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving files as bmp or other types.
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 19 Dec 1998 08:30:25
Message: <367baa71.0@news.povray.org>
Hmmm, that makes me think: (hey, I'm proud of it, that doesn't happen too
often! ;-)

Moray *does* abstract the intricate workings of POV-Ray for the user who
doesn't want to delve into programming POV scripts.

So why don't add this additional step of abstraction and add a menu item
like "Save image as..." which would allow the user to save the *rendered*
image to a filename (and format?) of his choice (usually somewhere outside
of the povscn/polyscn folder)...
That would relieve the user of having to use Explorer and "find the file and
convert it" like Maleko wrote.

Just a thought... (I know, I know, it will definitely not make it into 3.1,
but maybe later?)

Johannes.