POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Height Field with Image Map texture : Re: Height Field with Image Map texture Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Height Field with Image Map texture
From: Jaen G
Date: 21 Dec 1998 12:42:20
Message: <367E8FED.1925@planeteer.com>
Peter Hale wrote:

> Thanks for the help. I made the changes you recommended,....
> >   Scale and translate are the keywords.
> >   You can make it for example this way: Translate the heightfield so that....

Hi-I'm just interested in what kind of texture results from this process
using a photo before I experiment-  are your results actually like an
emboss or better?
Previously when I have heard the }best people{ using heightfields of
their faces - I just assumed it was a real anachronism - resulting in a
merely exaggerated mountainous landscape.  Could I be missing
something:?)
Jaen