POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Photovista 360 panoramas of POV scenes : Re: Photovista 360 panoramas of POV scenes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photovista 360 panoramas of POV scenes
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 8 Jan 1999 16:25:48
Message: <367AC2E2.B9B6A99E@bigfoot.com>
Steve Smith wrote:

> Also, it possible to define a single 360 view? The panoramic camera
> always seems to result in a view of about 180 degrees

Read the Doc, it's all in there though I would appreciate more extensive
explanations. I understand these can be confusing for someone not on top of
POV, but then what's the purpose of the doc ?

For example, in a camera statement you can use :
1/
  cylinder 1
  angle 360

or
2/
  ultra_wide_angle
  angle 720
I know, weird as it may seem there seems to be a minor bug and this angle
gets (or seems to) divided by two !!! Just make it double and you get what
you want.

These two examples give very different results, so try and chose for best
match with your wishes.
In the cylinder bit, you'll need to adjust the height and width of your
picture and/or the aspect ratio of the camera. For a pixel ratio of 3.1415
(pi) you'll need an aspect ratio of 2 in the vertical direction for one in
the horizontal direction. (angle 360).
e.g. width = 1256   height = 400   up = 2*up_unit_vector    right =
right_unit_vector.
With the ultra wide angle, you want the pixel ratio to more or less match the
aspect ratio, same as for your normal camera.

I never tried the panoramic camera, so I don't know, but the doc probably
says it all.

I hope this helps,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.